Friday, June 20, 2008

...And I'm Back!

The NFL Draft was months ago and I couldn't name the Patriots draft picks off the top of my head if my life depended on it. We've lost so many players from the 18-1 Super Bowl squad that I have no idea what to expect this upcoming season. I've been so wrapped up in the Boston Celtics championship run (read all about it on my blog Poisonous Paragraphs) and hoping that the Red Sox can keep the Tampa Bay Ray at...uh, bay (I never thought I'd type that sentence). The window of opportunity for the Patriots to win another championship is shrinking. 

Colvin bounced, Asante's gone, a gang of other guys I was used to will be in foreign uniforms next season as well. I know that as long as Tom Brady's under center the Pats have a fighting chance but Coach needs to start seriously thinking about keeping some guys around so we have some continuity around these parts. Squads in the Bean are winning chips, Patriots. What have you done for us lately?

The first preseason game of the year is August 7th. I'll occupy myself with the NBA Draft and the Boston Red Sox until football season jumps off.

Ubuntu! © Boston Celtics.

One.

No comments: